Markets have become truly global, and digitalisation further accelerates the global flow of products and services, breaking barriers for market entry. Digital technologies also revolutionise the ways in which organisations interact with customers and identify customer needs. Thus, organisations must embrace customer-centricity and see marketing as a strategic imperative.
Graduates of the Programme in Marketing from Aalto University have:
- A customer-centric view of business. Graduates gain a deep understanding of customer behaviour and consumer culture at large.
- A strategic approach & analytical skill set. Graduates are strategic thinkers with the ability to connect customer and market insights with strategic decision-making. They learn to apply a variety of methods and data sources to analyse the potential success of marketing activities.
- Creative problem-solving skills. Graduates approach business and societal challenges from a human perspective and are able to present ideas to address them.
- Ability to leverage technology. Graduates possess a strong analytical skill set and understanding of how technology can help identify customer needs and improve marketing-related business processes.
- A strong research skill set. Graduates use methodological tools and apply academic research literature in the area of marketing.
The job market is seeking talent that understands how global trends such as digitalisation, globalisation and circular economy affect a company's core business, strategy and brand. Thus, the Master's Programme in Marketing prepares you for a wide range of career opportunities from marketing-related specialist roles to more general positions as well as leadership, expert, and management positions.
Aalto University has well-established career services which help you get employed in Finland and abroad. Aalto students tend to find good positions with ease upon their graduation. An active entrepreneurship community is present at Aalto, which can help as a springboard for founding your company. Finally, if an academic career is of interest, the Master’s programme in Marketing is a great foundation for doctoral studies and post-doc positions.
- Service Business Strategy
- Consumer Psychology
- Consumer Culture
- Marketing Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marketing International Business View 42 other Masters in Business Administration in Finland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Aalto University and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.