The Master of Arts in Teacher Leadership (M.A.T.L.) degree offered by Mount Holyoke Programs in Teacher Leadership is a 32-credit program is designed for full-time teachers who want to enhance their leadership skills for current or future roles.
This online or on-campus program will be completed as a series of certificates around the Teacher Leader Model Standards, with a culminating capstone project based on the teacher leader’s personal leadership plan and needs in his or her classroom, school, community, or beyond. Its innovative curriculum demonstrates a strong commitment to equity and collaboration, is convenient and individualized for the learner, and involves a unique partnership with the National Network of State Teachers of the Year, including powerful educational opportunities collaborating with current teacher leaders in the field.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fostering a Collaborative Culture for Learning
- Coaching, Mentoring, and Facilitating Instructional Improvements
- Promoting Professional Learning
- Foundations of Teacher Leadership and Global Education Reform
- Personal Leadership Growth and Articulation of Practice
- Policy Fluency: Current Issues in Education
- Leading Colleagues Using Research: Bridging the Gap Between Research and Practice*
- Owning Assessment and Data for Student Learning
- Equity and Social Justice: A Teacher’s Role
- Teachers as Agents of Change
- Fostering Partnerships, Communication, and Collaboration
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTeaching View 1056 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A history of effective classroom practice and strong passion for student learning.
- GRE not required.
- No application fee.
- Complete the MATL application.
- Attach essay response to the application if applying for one of the scholarships.
- Send in official transcripts (they may arrive after application deadline).
- Send in 2 letters of recommendation (they may arrive after the application deadline).
- Your application will be reviewed by our admissions committee and interviews will be granted to select candidates (in person, by phone, or videoconference).
- Meet with a MATL advisor.
- Contact the MATL faculty at any point during the application process.
International24500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24500 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
National24500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24500 USD per year and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.