This Shipping Operations programme at Solent University is delivered online using Solent University’s virtual learning environment, a web based platform that is accessible from anywhere in the world.
Students learn as part of an online community of tutors, fellow students and student support services - just as they would if they went to the University itself. Each student has their own dedicated academic tutor and study partner, and studying online is made interesting, interactive, and engaging by forums, wikis, reflective journals and video presentations. Shipping industry experts are involved in the mentoring of work-based projects, further enhancing the value of student learning.
Recent graduates have pursued careers in a raft of different roles, including:
- Marine superintendent
- Designated person ashore
- Fleet manager
- Port operations manager
- Crewing manager
- Ship manager
- Maritime administration manager
- Competence assurance manager
- Maritime lecturer
- Shore-based ship operations manager
- Marine surveyor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Maritime Context
- Postgraduate and Self-managed Study
- Business Research Skills
- Professional Skills and Practice Portfolio
- Risk and Safety Management
- Legal Process
- Safety Culture
- Accident Investigation and Organisational Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Supply Chain Management & Logistics International Business View 153 other Masters in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:2 or higher) in maritime studies, shipping, business or law, or another appropriate subject and relevant professional qualifications/experience
- To apply to undertake the MSc in Shipping Operations, you must be employed in or have recently been employed in the maritime or shipping industry and have professional experience to management level.
- A certificate of competence as a Master or Chief Engineer; Class 1 Master Mariner; Class 1 Engineer; STCW management-level qualifications, or equivalent, plus management-level experience in the sea transport industry
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.