The Studio Art program at California State University San Bernardino provides advanced study and practice in preparation for professional careers in studio art or teaching in higher education. Graduates will be prepared to take their place in the visual arts community and make significant contributions to our visual culture.
The program focuses on creative studio work, supplemented by art history and theory, professional and critical writing, graduate studio critiques, professional development, studio electives and/or independent study.
- MFA students enjoy field trips and special projects such as group exhibitions, public art and community-based projects in the Inland Empire and Los Angeles art communities, as well as numerous visiting art professionals throughout the year.
- There are internships, paid student assistantships, and paid teaching assistant positions available, with opportunities to teach undergraduate lower-division studio classes that are also paid positions.
- MFA students engage in comprehensive professional development and leave the program ready to launch their careers as college professors, artists, critics, curators, teachers, community leaders, and more.
- Graduate Studio in Art
- Graduate Studio Critique
- Graduate Seminar in Critical Theory and Methodology
- Graduate Seminar in Contemporary Art Issues and Practices
- Graduate Seminar in Professional Practices
- Master's Project in Studio Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 793 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- $70 Application fee (starting Fall 2020)
- Prior college transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
International13404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13404 USD per year during 24 months.
National13404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13404 USD per year during 24 months.
- California residents: $3588 per semester (6+ units)
Living costs for San Bernardino
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.