The Natural Resources and Environmental Studies program of the National Dong Hwa University program is supported by 26 full-time faculty members with expertise spanning ecosystem study and environmental education. Recognizing the complexity of ecosystems and the need to address environmental issues with an inter-disciplinary approach, the mission of this department is to educate students to become innovative and effective stewards of the environment who consider natural systems and human societies.
This program builds on its foundation by integrating courses in ecology and conservation. To promote the inter-disciplinary approach, this program offers courses in earth science and resource management. Specific study plans can be arranged to fit an individual student's interest.
Additionally, we encourage students to participate in local community-based management projects. Connections with universities in China, Japan, Korea, Germany, and the USA provide opportunities for short term courses and exchange programs.
- Special Topics on Ecology
- Special Topics in Earth Science
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Special Topics on Ecosystem Ecology
- Microbial Biotechnology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at National Dong Hwa University and/or in Taiwan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- For English Programs: Language proficiency proof from TOEFL iBT, TOEIC, or IELTS.
- Note: If English is an official language of your country or your degree course was in English, you are exempt from the requirements.
- Autobiography or CV (Total 2 pages on A4 sheet)
- Study Plan (Total 2 pages on A4 sheet)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Award (If any)
- Financial Statement (An official bank letter or any other proofs of financial documentation)
Living costs for Hualian
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.