At Slovene Studies - Linguistics from University of Nova Gorica the most important properties of the program are: focus on individual research work, a number of electives covering all the major linguistic disciplines, the program’s international connections and relevance, and constant improving of the program.
Students at Slovene Studies - Linguistics from University of Nova Gorica will:
- gain comprehensive knowledge of Linguistics with all of its auxiliary sciences.
- have the knowledge and skills to approach topics related to language and linguistics in a scientific way and to solve them using the most up-to-date methodology.
- Corpus linguistics
- Formal Foundations of Linguistic Theory
- Individual research work
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Psycholinguistics and experimental methods
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Nova Gorica and/or in Slovenia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Anybody with a finished 180 ECTS Ist level program in Linguistics, Domestic or Foreign languages, Philology or Classical languages is eligible to enroll in the 1st year of this Master’s program.
- Candidates who finished a 240 ECTS program in these fields can enroll directly in to the 2nd year of this program.
- Candidates with a BA/BS degree (180 or 240 ECTS) in philosophy, psychology, social sciences, mathematics, computer science etc. with more than 45 ECTS of any kind of linguistics are asked to submit their application to the school’s study committee.
- Candidates applying to the double degree programme in Language Science must in addition provide a proof of English language proficiency at B2 level according to CEFR
International2800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2800 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2800 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nova Gorica
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.