Study in an intensive two-year full time programme. Prepare for PhD studies at the Erasmus Institute for Philosophy and Economics (EIPE) and top-quality programmes elsewhere.
One of the best research master programmes in Philosophy and Economics from Erasmus University Rotterdam and among the Top-22 of all master programmes in the Netherlands.
- When graduating from the Research Master you will be well-prepared for a subsequent PhD in philosophy and economics, as well as advisory positions in the private and public sector.
Accredited by: NVAO in: Netherlands
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methodology of Economics
- Rationality and Choice
- Ethics and Economics
- Philosophy of Social Sciences
- New Developments in Economics
- The Theory of Practice of Distributive Justice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Application Deadline (Non-EEA: 15 May
DisciplinesEconomics Philosophy & Ethics View 129 other Masters in Economics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor/Master in Economics, or Philosophy, Philosophy and Economics, PPE or related programmes.
- A grade for the bachelor thesis equivalent to at least an 8.0 in the Dutch grading system.
- An average grade in the bachelor equivalent to at least 8 in the Dutch grading system.
- Proficiency in English.
- A detailed letter of intent.
- A writing sample of around 10-15 pages. (At least 8 pages, maximum 25 pages, excluding bibliography and appendices. This can be an essay in philosophy, economics, or a closely related subject.)
- Two letters of reference.
International4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
- €4,200 (Institutional fee: Dutch / EEA students)
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.