Practitioners of Public History document, preserve, and interpret the past. This two-year, 33-credit Master of Arts (M.A.) program consists of 24 credits in History, Museum Studies, and Archival Management, a six-credit internship and an additional three-credit research project.
- As part of the Public History program at St. John's University, you will complete 240 internship hours under the supervision of St. John's faculty and a professional internship sponsor.
- Our students complete internships at exciting locations around New York City, including Ellis Island National Historic Park and the Lower East Side Tenement Museum.
- Public History
- Modern Historical Research
- Oral History
- History of Material Culture
- History as Visual Record
- Advanced Topics in Public History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 773 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official university and post-secondary transcripts, plus degree conferrals/diplomas
- The Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS examination scores.
- For expedited foreign transcript evaluation service at a discounted rate you may complete a SpanTran Foreign Transcript Evaluation Application Form.
- All documents received by the university become the property of the university and cannot be returned to the student
- If you have only one copy of your official document and are able to visit our Welcome Center in person, we will be happy to make a copy of the original and return the official copy to you immediately.
International22192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1345 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1345 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.