Drawing on the School’s outstanding research in philosophy of religion and ethics (PRE), you’ll use a variety of online learning resources to explore key issues in the field of PRE.
You’ll have the opportunity to consider themes such as: concepts of God; the nature of justice; religious experience; ethics of the environment; the religious and spiritual significance of the arts and our relationship to the natural world.
This online course is open to students from a variety of backgrounds, so if you have a personal interest in philosophical and religious questions, or you want to develop your knowledge of philosophy and religious studies for professional development purposes, this course is for you.
The MA Philosophy of Religion and Ethics at University of Leeds will equip you with a range of in-depth subject knowledge, but it will allow you to develop high-level skills in research, analysis, interpretation and communication.
All of these qualities are valuable to a range of employers across sectors and industries, and we’re proud of our record in preparing postgraduates for their careers after graduation.
They’ve gone into roles such as teaching, consultancy, business management, administration, accountancy, law, journalism and the civil service among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Justice: Fairness, Equality and Diversity
- Global Environmental Ethics
- Business Ethics
- Ethical Issues at the Beginning of Life
- Ethical Issues at the End of Life
- Current Developments in Health Care Ethics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- For UK/EU candidates we recommend submitting your application no later than two weeks before the start of the course, and at least one month before the start date for international students.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Political Science View 49 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The normal entry requirement is an honours degree, equivalent to a British BA honours degree (2.1 or higher), in a relevant humanities or social science subject - including subjects other than Philosophy, Ethics, or Religion. Other applications will be considered where there is evidence of relevant experience, background or private study in the field
- Our admissions team are experienced in considering a wide range of international qualifications. If you wish to discuss whether your qualifications will meet the necessary entry criteria, contact the School’s admissions team. You can also check the accepted qualifications for your country or region.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.