Are you keen to develop your existing engineering skills and knowledge to Masters level?
You will build on your current knowledge of subjects such as solid modelling and prototyping, computer aided design and engineering data analysis, whilst developing management and entrepreneurial skills that will enhance your career opportunities within engineering and the broader business environment.
The Engineering Management programme is offered at the Northumbria University.
With the increasing complexity of the engineering sector there is a requirement for engineering managers to be specialised not just in engineering, but also in wider business and management.
Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council as the course meets the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
- With the increasing complexity of the engineering industry there is a requirement for managers to be specialised not just in engineering, but also the general business and management aspects of a company.
- The MSc Engineering Management course will equip you with skills, tools, techniques and methods that are applicable to engineering companies and many other businesses in the UK and abroad.
- On completion of this course you will possess a deep understanding of engineering data analysis, research and project management, programme and portfolio management, project risk management and technology entrepreneurship.
- Industry practice and subject benchmarking have strongly influenced the design of this course to ensure you will leave equipped with the skills that are required by today’s employers.
- Research Methods
- Project, Programme and Portfolio Management
- Project change, risk and opportunities management
- Sustainable Development for Engineering Practitioners
- Engineering Management Data Analysis
- Technology Entrepreneurship & Product Development
- Academic Language Skills for Mechanical and Construction Engineering
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 1779 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree in an engineering or science discipline. Other subject qualifications, equivalent professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- International applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 5.5 in each component (or approved equivalent*).
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 16 months.
National7350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7350 GBP per year during 16 months.
- Full UK Fee: £7,350
- Full EU Fee: £16,000
- Full International Fee: £16,000
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.