This Urban Design and Planning course at London South Bank University is offered on a full-time and part-time basis. Full-time students will complete the course in 12 months; part-time students will complete the course in 24 months. The programme is based on 2 semesters and you will study from September to June.
‘Planning’ is both a design and public policy profession. It deals with design as a professional and a democratic practice, showing how professional knowledge and deep engagement with communities are both essential if places are to achieve lasting functionality and liveability.
This course will provide you with specialist expertise in urban design, allowing you to study this discipline within the broader framework of town planning and property development. This will allow you to develop a broad range of skills which will be attractive for urban design, planning and property development employers; architectural practices dealing with master planning, government organisations, local authorities and research institutions are other possible employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning, Politics and Theory
- The Making of Place
- Design and Property Development
- Sustainable Places
- Urban Design: from Theory to Practice
- Urban Design Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 524 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of a lower second (2:2) Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in an appropriate subject area, such as built environment subjects and social science subjects.
- Applicants with a non-cognate degree and several years’ relevant work experience may be offered a place, if they can demonstrate a suitable level of specialist subject knowledge.
- International students additionally require an English Language qualification, with an IELTS score of 6.5, or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8780 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK fee: £3902.22
- International fee: £6844.44
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.