We've been offering courses in Acoustics for over 35 years, and house the best facilities in the South-East of England, including a full-size reverberant and anechoic chambers, as well as an exceptionally well equipped laboratory, featuring the very latest instrumentation and technology.
- Offering courses in Acoustics for over 35 years, we house the only centre for study in the South-East with full-size reverberant and anechoic chambers as well as an exceptionally well equipped and staffed laboratory.
- Our teaching team are award-winning. All are actively involved in research and consultancy, drawing on the latest industry developments in both lectures and practical work.
- We showcase the high quality output of our acsoustic group on the LSBU Acosutic blog.
- For those applicants who already hold an Institute of Acoustics Diploma, there is an option of direct entry to the second year of the part-time Masters course.
Over the past decade a very high proportion our students have found employment in an acoustics related industry, and one or two outstanding students per year go on to undertake research on our sponsored PhD programme.
Completion of the MSc satisfies the academic requirement for corporate membership of the Institute of Acoustics. The process of attaining Chartered Engineer status is offered through the Institute of Acoustics or the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers.
- Institute of Acoustics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Acoustics laboratory
- Architectural acoustics
- Measurement and control of sound
- Subjective and environmental acoustics
- Environmental management
- Research methods
- Energy engineering project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Environmental Engineering View 285 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelor degree equivalent to UK 2:2 in a relevant subject.
- Applications are also welcomed from those without the required qualifications that possess the life/work skills that would make them suitable to study at this level. Those applicants holding an Institute of Acoustics Diploma will be exempted from the appropriate taught units.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9880 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK fee: £3293.33
- International fee: £4966.67
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.