On this Education Leadership in Learning (Teach First) course from Northumbria University, you will use research and critical enquiry to further extend, develop and enhance your ability to evaluate and judge the underlying assumptions surrounding educational policy and practice.
You will develop a critical understanding of the inter-relationships between research, policy and practice and their manifestations in different settings and contexts.
The Education Leadership in Learning MA will develop your critical reflective abilities, with a view of empowering you to become entrepreneurial in relation to your ongoing career within your chosen sector; whether that is further education, higher education, schools or training organisations.
- Designed to cater for a wide range of professionals in education, this programme will offer you a great launch pad for the next step in your career. The flexibility to choose from such a wide variety of modules mean you can prepare for the exact role you want.
- You’ll graduate with knowledge of the very latest in education research, policy and practice, and with a whole new perspective on data and evaluation, all of which will help to put you at the forefront of your field. You’ll also be able to reflect upon and challenge your own practice, which is a valuable skill to demonstrate to future employers.
- You will leave the course confident in your knowledge and abilities, empowered to make change in your own organisation and ready to go to the next level in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Work Based Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 899 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a PGDE (Teach First).
- International applicants are required to have a minimum overall IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with 5.5 in each component (or approved equivalent*). *The university accepts a large number of UK and International Qualifications in place of IELTS. You can find details of acceptable tests and the required grades you will need in our English Language section.
International5333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5333 GBP per year during 12 months.
National2450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2450 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Full UK Fee: £2,450
- Full EU Fee: £5,333
- Full International Fee: £5,333
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.