For graduates wishing to develop a career in international business, a wide range of opportunities exists. Our experienced academics and marketing experts will offer unique insights into subjects such as globalisation, the international aspects of strategic management, accounting and finance, corporate governance, e-commerce, global talent management, marketing, organisation of multinational corporations, operations and procurement and cross cultural communication.
Why study this course?
- You will study at one of the handful of business schools in the UK that holds the prestigious ‘triple-crown’ accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Your employability options are vast and varied, our strong links with industry mean that rigorous undergraduate academic study is combined with a real practical focus, leading to excellent job opportunities.
- You will join a University that is amongst the top three in the United Kingdom for being most frequently targeted by the country’s top employers.
Careers and Development
Graduates of the International Business (Singapore) programme from University of Birmingham may find themselves taking a major step towards developing an international or strategic focus within their careers. While some will accelerate their careers with existing employers, others can create potential for change. Major directions include jobs in business analysis and development, banking, management and strategy consulting, corporate finance and investment, human resource management and marketing. Alumni can access career support and take advantage of a range of networking and development opportunities. Postgraduate alumni can also access a bespoke service from the Careers in Business service.
In September 2015, the first local career and personal development event took take place, at SIM during the day and then moved to the Singapore Riverboat for the evening session including dinner. All students received feedback on their Emergenetic Profile, advice on a wide range of issues relating to international recruiters and their requirements and were given the chance in the evening, to network with start-up entrepreneurs, angel investors and other business professionals.
- Corporate Governance and Organisation
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Dissertation: MSc International Business
- Global Shift
- International Business Negotiations
- International Business Strategy
- International Finance and Accounting
- International Human Resource Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies International Business View 853 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- At least an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent.
- No exemptions will be granted. Applicants may be required to be interviewed.
International16559 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16559 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National16559 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16559 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.