The BA in political science offers great flexibility; students choose courses from a rich curriculum, providing close student-faculty contact. Significant work experience and internship opportunities are offered in the state legislature, with lobbying groups, political parties, candidates, and in the offices of U.S. Senators and Representatives. The Health Administration program offers preparation for community college teaching, work in government and politics, and for the PhD in political science, international relations, or public policy.
The BA option in legal studies provides students with an innovative course of study with a law-related emphasis. The Legal Studies Option provides students with an opportunity to gain practical experience in internships, giving students practical experience through contact with lawyers, judges, prisoners, and persons in the community. Students work in areas of the law such as housing, criminal, consumer, welfare, and the environment. Students also participate in moot court in a simulated courtroom.
The BA in public administration at California State University Chico provides training for careers in public service or non-profit organizations. The MPA program offers outstanding program options in Health Administration and Local Government Management. A major feature of this program is administration in a non-metropolitan setting.
The BA in criminal justice explores the institutions involved in the administration of justice (e.g., policing, corrections) as well as a multidisciplinary examination into the social and psychological issues associated with criminal behavior and crime control. Students who are interested in why individuals commit crime, how governments respond to behaviors they deem undesirable, and the effects of the criminal justice system's actions on different communities will find the Criminal Justice major a perfect academic home. Our graduates pursue careers in various aspects of public safety, private enterprise, social welfare, and law and graduate school.
The BA in international relations combines intensive study of international relations with area and interdisciplinary study. Maximum latitude is allowed in selecting courses offered in political science and related departments. In addition to gaining a broad liberal arts education, students receive excellent preparation for advanced graduate study, the foreign service, or careers in international affairs, business, or non-profit institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- American Institutions and Public Organizations
- Public Administration and Democracy
- Seminar in Research Methods
- Seminar in Public Management
- Seminar in Public Personnel Administration
- Seminar in Administration of Public Financial Resources
- Seminar in Organizational Theory in the Public Sector
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health and Human Services
- Seminar in Health and Human Services Management
- Seminar in Public Policy in Health and Human Services
- Economic and Global Finance Issues in Health and Human Services
- Mental Health Policy and Administration
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1594 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- To be admitted to graduate and postbaccalaureate study, a student must hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association or must have completed an equivalent acceptable to the Office of Graduate Studies at California State University, Chico.
- Applicants who wish to pursue a master's degree must have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75 in the last 60 semester units of course work attempted and at least 3.0 in the last 30 units attempted. Applicants for unclassified status, such as qualifying for a teaching credential, must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in their last 60 semester units of course work attempted.
International15444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15444 USD per year during 60 months.
National15444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15444 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State9108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9108 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Chico
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.