Homeland Security and Criminal Justice Leadership from St. John's University is designed to prepare students to meet the emerging leadership challenges in Homeland Security and Criminal Justice Administration.
There are numerous and challenging career-track opportunities in the Homeland Security and Criminal Justice fields. If your goal is to work in these professions, this program will provide the skills and academic background necessary for you to take advantage of the many career opportunities available.
Agencies and Organizations: Potential Employers
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Police Agencies: Local and State
- New York Police Department (NYPD)
- U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF)
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Correctional Agencies
- Probation Departments
- Parole Agencies
- Victim Services Agencies
- District Attorneys’ Offices
- Juvenile Justice Agencies
- Court Systems: Federal, State and Local
- Sheriffs’ Departments
- Counterterrorism Agencies
- Corporate Security Departments
- Non-Profit Ex-Offender Organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminal Justice
- Leadership Issues in Critical Incident Management
- Criminological Theory
- Global Terrorism
- Leadership in Media Relations
- Issues in Global Security
- Organizational Dysfunction
- Court Administration and Leadership
- Contemporary Legal Problems in Criminal Justice
- Police Leadership: A Global Perspective
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Criminal Law Terrorism & Security View 133 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Evidence of a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A record of scholarly achievement which is evidenced by a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s ability to achieve academic success at the graduate level of study
- A thoughtful, well-written essay of approximately 300 words describing the applicant’s reasons for seeking this graduate degree
- For international students who submit official college transcripts with English Translation
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Duolingo
International46980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1305 USD per credit during 12 months.
National46980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1305 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.