Earn a master's degree in East Asian Studies at St. John's University in New York City!
- In today’s global market, professionals with cross-cultural knowledge and bilingual skills are in high demand.
- With knowledge of the history, culture, and languages of China, you’ll be ready to enter just about any field.
- From business and law to education and the arts, special opportunities are available to those with comprehensive and critical understanding of the world’s fastest-growing region.
- The thesis option for the M.A. in East Asian Studies requires 33 credits, including six credits of master’s thesis research and a written thesis.
- If you elect this option, you must take either ASC 102 (Great Books from China) or ASC 300 (Introduction to Source Materials on China). You’ll choose your remaining courses in consultation with your advisor.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 749 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In addition to the requirements for admission to graduate study in St. John’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, students who apply to the M.A. in East Asian Studies are expected to have taken at least six credits of related coursework as an undergraduate.
- If you hold an undergraduate degree from a foreign institution, you’ll also be required to submit TOEFL examination scores.
International44385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1345 USD per credit during 12 months.
National44385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1345 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.