The Geoscience programme of TU Bergakademie Freiberg graduates will be specialists, but applicable in various contexts and successfully capable of cooperation.
Thus, students will be put into position to independently write and evaluate problems related to geoscience, environmental impact, and risk assessment studies.
The Master programme Geoscience offers two specializations. At the beginning the student has to choose between
- Environmental Geoscience and
- Tectonophysics of Orogeny.
Students of the specialization Environmental Geosciences will be enabled to work on complex environmental problems on own responsibility. The curriculum for each student will be adapted according to the prior knowledge of the candidates. The main focus lies on the interactions in the atmosphere (including climate and chemistry of atmosphere). The successful candidates will take over responsibility in administration, science, education, and research at universities and research centers.
Students of the specialization Tectonophysics of Orogeny will be enabled to work with methods of structural geology, geo-thermo chronology, geomorphology, remote sensing, and petrology. He will be able to analyze and interpret coupled processes of active and fossil orogenies by using innovative techniques: Focus of education and related research is on active orogenies and coupling processes from mantle to atmosphere.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Geophysics
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Atmospheric Research
- Biosphere Atmosphere Interaction
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Environmental Geology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first university degree (e. G. Bachelor degree) in the field of geosciences
- English language proficiency must be proven by a recognised language certificate
- Practical work experience or internships of, in general, not less than one year, preferably in the field of geoscience
- Successful eligibility interview with respect to the desired specialization, conducted by the responsible professor of that specialization
- Application form
- Certified copies of education certificates
- If the higher education is not finished at the time of application, a confirmation from the higher education institute containing the expected degree award along with a transcript of records will be accepted
- Motivation letter
- Passport photo
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Students from partner universities: 1.700 EUR per course
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.