Why choose this programme?
The Master program “Geoscience” of TU Bergakademie Freiberg is appropriate for those students with strongly focused research interests. Coursework of students is typically centered around the broad field related to their specialization. The first semester includes introduction in the respective specialization including a course on scientific communication. Key aspects of the second semester are experimental laboratory and field studies while the third semester offers advanced courses. The student completes an in-depth research project and writes a thesis summarizing that study. Students have a MS thesis defense at the end of their program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Geophysics
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Atmospheric Research
- Biosphere Atmosphere Interaction
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Environmental Geology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Natural Sciences View 17 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first university degree (e. G. Bachelor degree) in the field of geosciences
- English language proficiency must be proven by a recognised language certificate
- Practical work experience or internships of, in general, not less than one year, preferably in the field of geoscience
- Successful eligibility interview with respect to the desired specialization, conducted by the responsible professor of that specialization
- Application form
- Certified copies of education certificates
- If the higher education is not finished at the time of application, a confirmation from the higher education institute containing the expected degree award along with a transcript of records will be accepted
- Motivation letter
- Passport photo
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Students from partner universities: 1.700 EUR per course
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.