The Innovation programme from Singapore Management University offers a cross-disciplined and practical innovation and entrepreneurship education through world-class faculty, regular engagement with thought-leading practitioners, a study stint abroad at a globally leading business school, and practical innovation projects. It is designed to engage, challenge and grow Asia's next generation of innovation and entrepreneurial leaders.
The Master of Science in Innovation (MI) programme is designed to allow international students to complete the programme on a full-time basis over 12 months, or for working professionals over 15 months in a part-time track. Candidates are required to complete modules, a Capstone Innovation Project, and an international residency in order to be awarded the Master of Science in Innovation degree. As in the previous years, our partner for the international residency segment will be the reputable Babson College in the USA (near Boston) on the basis of their high-quality entrepreneurship education programme.
The MI programme is designed to ensure that our students acquire knowledge and competencies that are relevant to successfully tackling today's and tomorrow's innovation challenges in various sectors, such as services or manufacturing. You will benefit from the expertise and experiences of a wide range of resource persons, such as SMU's outstanding and award-winning faculty, visiting professors, successful innovators, competent industry professionals, visionary entrepreneurs, and your peers. Pedagogical approaches include pre-course assignments, case analyses, team activities, e-learning, industry talks, site visits, and field trips. Students are also expected to complete a Capstone Innovation Project on a relevant topic of interest in order to hone their innovation skills and contribute to new value creation.
- Business Foundational Course: Strategic Management
- Business Foundational Course: Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Foundational Course: Finance
- Design Thinking for Opportunity Recognition and Innovation Management
- Innovation Management
- Management of Technological Innovations
- Creativity as Precursor to Innovation
- Managing Service Innovations
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Consumer Analytics
- 12 months
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies View 36 other Masters in Business Administration in Singapore
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Master of Science in Innovation programme welcomes all applicants who meet the following criteria for admission:
- Bachelor's Degree (of any field)
- Minimum work experience (post-Bachelor's Degree) of 3 years (part-time track) or 2 years (full-time track)
- A good SMU Admissions Test Score/GMAT/GRE Score* (Please click here to view the SMU Admission Test Factsheet)
- A good TOEFL/IELTS score is required if your degree was not taught in English
- *We will accept good undergraduate GPAs from SMU in place of the admissions test requirement. Speak with your Admissions Manager to find out more.
International35485 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35485 USD per year during 12 months.
National35485 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35485 USD per year during 12 months.
S$48,150 (inclusive of GST)
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.