This master’s program in Psychology - Clinical Psychology at Towson University equips you with the knowledge and research experience to pursue careers in human services, education, or in a variety of professional settings. If you are seeking an academic career, you will be fully prepared to continue your education in a doctoral program.
Program ConcentrationsChoose from four program concentrations:
- Clinical Psychology Concentration — Prepare to apply for admission to a doctoral program in clinical psychology (PsyD or PhD), to work as a psychometrician or behavioral specialist, to serve as a project director on applied research studies, or to become a licensed clinical professional counselor.
- Counseling Psychology Concentration — Work toward licensure as a professional counselor in community health centers, psychiatric hospitals, group homes, rehabilitation centers, university counseling centers, career centers, substance abuse center or other settings. The program also prepares you to continue your education. Choose from the practitioner or research track.
- Experimental Psychology Concentration — Gain research training in any area of psychology and prepare to enroll in a PhD program, or work in the public and private sectors, such as the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. Army Research Labs.
- School Psychology Concentration — Provide consultations to teachers and families to help prevent behavioral and academic difficulties in school settings; provide early intervention to address difficulties; and conduct comprehensive psychological evaluations to assess student learning and social/emotional needs. You will be recognized as a nationally certified school psychologist upon successful completion of the national exam in school psychology.
- Assessment Of Intelligence
- Advanced Abnormal Psychology
- Advanced Child Psychopathology
- Advanced Experimental Design
- Psychotherapy And Behavior Change
- Practicum In Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Therapy
- Personality Assessment In Clinical Psychology
- Ethical, Legal And Professional Issues In Psychology
- Internship In Clinical Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 1224 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00.
All GPA calculations for admission are based upon the last 60 units of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study.
- Acceptable performance on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination.
- Two letters of recommendation
Academic letters, preferred.
- A personal statement, not to exceed four double-spaced pages, addressing the applicant’s reasons for pursuing a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology, their area of clinical and/or research interest and their professional goals.
International53040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 12 months.
National53040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State29424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 613 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Towson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.