The program offered by Towson University prepares students for careers as professional leaders for the Jewish community through a combination of leadership training, communal service and practical field experience. The interdisciplinary curriculum combines courses in leadership, education, non-profit management, communal service, Jewish studies and an internship experience tailored to each student.
About the Program
The Leadership in Jewish Education and Communal Service program emphasizes the development of effective communication, critical analysis, and flexible thinking skills. Core components include five graduate Jewish studies courses, six professional courses, a supervised internship and practicum seminar. You’ll choose from two concentrations:
- The education concentration prepares you to share your knowledge of your faith in a variety of teaching and learning settings.
- The communal professional concentration focuses on the development of leadership and communal service.
- Biblical Literature And Civilization
- Jewish Law And Ethics
- Introduction To Rabbinic Literature And History
- Medieval Jewish History
- Jews In The Modern World
- Introduction To Jewish Thought
- Diaspora Jewish Communities
- American Jewish History
- Special Topics In Judaic Studies
- Contemporary Jewish Ethics: Reshaping The Jewish Identity In Our Generation
- Exploration Of Holocaust Education
- Leadership In Jewish Education And Communities
- Jewish Communal Service Practicum Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4051 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university*
- Minimum of a B average: overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
International41952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1104 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1104 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State23256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 612 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Towson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.