Build an excellent career in the banking and finance industry. Explore the challenges facing financial markets and the global banking sector. Uncover the complexities of intricate financial principles and data applications to investment problems.
Investment analysts, financial advisors and managers require a thorough understanding of many complex and challenging aspects of banking and financial markets, and our course is explicitly designed to equip you with these essential skills.
The MSc in Banking and Finance at King’s College London is an innovative course designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the finance and banking industry. The programme will also equip you with essential research, analytical and critical thinking skills, preparing you for a range of careers across the finance sector and expose you to challenges raised by the availability of large dataset in corporate finance and asset returns.
- Theory & practice - Our teaching staff consists of expert academics conducting game-changing financial research, alongside active senior finance industry practitioners. This gives students the ultimate combination of practical skills and advanced conceptual understanding.
- Explore the challenges of tomorrow – our modules focus on areas that have major practical and theoretical application, such as investment analysis and management, portfolio creation and management, investment and commercial banking, asset and risk management, mergers and acquisitions, financial derivatives, quantitative financial analysis, taxation and banking regulation.
- Masterclasses – Our ungraded modules & masterclasses allow you to enhance your understanding of financial markets, databases, software & programming and increase the possibility of securing internships in financial firms.
Graduates from programmes run previously by the programme directors are highly sought after by investment banks, corporate risk management units, insurance companies, fund management institutions, financial regulatory bodies, brokerage firms and trading companies. Recent employers of these graduates include Capital Investment, Credit Suisse, European Bank for Reconstruction & Development, Fitch Ratings, HSBC and Morgan & Stanley. Some graduates have pursued research degrees in financial mathematics.
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Commercial and Investment Banking
- Financial Statements
- Financial Derivatives
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Students currently residing in mainland China: January 7
DisciplinesBanking and Investment View 191 other Masters in Banking and Investment in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree with high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 65% across all years of study) required in a social science related area (e.g. management, economics, finance or other relevant subject) or equivalent overseas qualification.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- One academic reference is required. A professional reference will be accepted if you have completed your qualifications over five years ago. In some cases, we may request an additional reference from you.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application
International35500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National35500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.