Towson University master’s degree in Early Childhood Education is one of the few programs of its kind in the region, crafted to the needs of working professionals in a variety of careers and locations.
You will benefit from the degree if you are involved in administration, supervision and mentoring in early childhood programs, elementary or primary grade teaching, family/community support, early intervention, resource and referral, program licensing, infant and toddler programs, or other roles in the community with young children and families. Whether you want to grow in competence in your current career or advance in the field, the program will help you stand out from the crowd.
The program offers:
- a foundation in current needs, challenges and best practices to support the development and education of young children
- the opportunity to select electives in advanced areas of specialization that support your area of focus
- supportive faculty mentors recognized for their leadership as public school teachers, and expertise in child advocacy, reading, and diversity
- practical experience in collaboration and advocacy with schools and communities
- M.Ed. with certification option that provides initial teacher certification for pre-kindergarten through third grade
- Learner Diversity, Cultural Responsiveness, And Inclusion In Early Childhood Education
- Growth And Development Of Young Children
- Learning Environments: Curriculum And Technololgy
- Teacher As Researcher: Research Methods In Education
- Assessment, Observation And Evaluation In Early Childhood Education
- Curriculum Theory And Development
- Seminar In Early Childhood Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 4089 other Masters in Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university**.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 is required for full admission and 2.75 for conditional admission to the program. All GPA calculations are based on the last 60 units of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study.
- A current résumé to be submitted with the application for admission as well as all post-secondary transcripts.
- Experience/background in the field with young children and families.
- Two professional narrative letters of recommendation (Email addresses of recommenders must be entered on application)
- A brief (two-page) admission essay discussing the applicant's experiences working with young children and families, and rationale for earning a master's degree related to professional goals and career aspirations.
International36432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1104 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1104 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State20196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 612 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Towson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.