At a Glance
The University of Aberdeen is an established leader in teaching and research in the fields of energy and economics. The Petroleum, Energy Economics and Finance programme of the University of Aberdeen builds on the Business School’s considerable strength in these fields. The programme incorporates significant input from the energy industry via active engagement with professional practice, multi-nationals and government agencies. With a recognised world expert in Energy Economics, Professor Alexander Kemp OBE, actively teaching on the programme.
Our Business School is home to two very relevant and internationally recognised research centres: the Aberdeen Centre for Research in Energy Economics and Finance and the Scottish Experimental Economic Laboratory. Former students have worked with organisations such as the Scottish Government, BP and Total to create their dissertations. The course is accredited by The Energy Institute and a wide range of visiting speakers will share their insights of how the economic world of energy works.
Graduates may specialise as analysts or consultants in the oil & gas industry or in government. Former students have found success in roles such as Strategy Analysts, Market Analysts, Commercial Analysts, Economists, and Oil & Gas Associates. Previous employers have included Centrica, Deloitte, ExxonMobil, Oil & Gas UK, Schlumberger and Total.
- Commercial Analyst
- Energy and Business Consultant
- Market Analyst
- Oil and Gas Associates
- Project Manager
- Strategy Analyst
- Quantitative Methods
- Economic Analysis
- Energy and Petroleum Economics
- Corporate Finance and Accounting for Energy
- Real Options and Decision Making
- Issues in Energy & Petroleum Economics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Sustainable Energy View 867 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- The minimum entry requirement for this programme is a degree at 2:1 (upper second class) UK Honours level (or a degree from a non-UK institution which is judged by the University to be of equivalent worth), with a strong background in quantitative methods
- If you have a GMAT score, please provide that information, as this will enhance your application. We may use GMAT as a condition of offer in some cases
- English Language Requirements
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.