The purpose of the Master in Civil Engineering at University of Johannesburg qualification is to develop an engineer with advanced abilities in applying fundamental engineering sciences and/design and synthesis and related principles to specific problems of society at large.
The qualified student will be able to:
- Identify, assess, formulate, interpret, analyse and solve engineering research and development problems creatively and innovatively by applying relevant fundamental knowledge of i.e. Mathematics, Basic Science and Engineering Sciences in the chosen field of research.
- Plan and manage engineering research projects, demonstrating fundamental knowledge, understanding and insight into the principles, methodologies and concepts that constitute socially responsible (to local and other communities) engineering research/development in the chosen field of research practice.
- Work effectively, individually or with others, as a member of a team, group, organisation and the community or in multi-disciplinary environments in the chosen field of research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation in Civil Engineering
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 15 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An approved four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar approved degree at honours level.
International851 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 851 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
R14,634 – R171,158
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.