The comprehensive program is intended for individuals who serve in an instructional, training, leadership, or professional role in human services areas of business, industry, government, community agencies, health care, or education.
The program is designed for learners who aspire to become training and development professionals in business, industry, or service organizations. Students will learn to teach adults by gaining classroom knowledge, experiencing work-based activities, and participating in projects intended to develop the competencies used by professionals in the areas of Adult Education and Evaluation, Training and Development, and Career and Technical Center Teaching.
The areas of emphasis in Adult and Continuing Education (ACE) allow a program to be tailored to meet the personal and professional needs of a broad spectrum of graduate students. The courses provide students with the opportunity to continue their graduate education in a flexible program through an online delivery system.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Adult and Continuing Education program consists of seven standards to be addressed in the Capstone portfolios of students who are candidates for the M.S. degree. The standards are as follows:
- Standard 1 – Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Skills
- Standard 2 – Program Planning and Development
- Standard 3 – Professionalism
- Standard 4 – Instructional Development and Delivery
- Standard 5 – Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Standard 6 – Adult Learning Theory
- Standard 7 – Presentation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Adult Education and Evaluation 30 credit hours.
- Career and Technical Center Teaching 33 credit hours.
DisciplinesAdult Education View 111 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Your Application
- The application requires a $65 non-refundable application fee payable by check, money order, or credit card to Marshall University.
- Official final bachelor’s degree transcript and degree certificate must be sent in the original language, accompanied by a certified English translation and contain ALL college or university academic credits and grades. The transcripts must be sent directly to the Marshall University Office of Admissions by the registrar or equivalent office at the institution that you attend.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
International20350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10175 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10175 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4216 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.