You’ll work closely with faculty who have expertise in everything from biblical studies to religion in America to Buddhism. We offer a master degree in Religious Studies at Missouri State University.
Develop skills that will help you navigate issues related to various religious traditions and ideologies. Greater understanding and respect for individual differences will provide valuable perspective for a variety of career paths. Our program also offers exceptional preparation for doctoral studies or seminary as well as careers in counseling, nonprofits, publishing and law.
Study a range of topics in religious studies, including biblical studies, religions of Europe, religions of the Middle East and religions of Asia.
Preparing to work in a global economy
- A graduate degree in religious studies offers you training in direct observation, critical thinking, effective communication and cross-cultural understanding. Such skills are in high demand in all professional fields.
- In today’s multicultural workplace and global economy, basic knowledge about other cultures and religious perspectives is indispensable.
- In addition, good interpreters of information are in high demand. Studying religion is also about people and their many perspectives. Your background in this type of study will benefit you in jobs that require relating to others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Specialize in an emphasis area
- Religions of Asia
- Religions of Europe and the Middle East
- Biblical Studies
- Religion and Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 563 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- A bachelor's degree in religious studies or a related program in the humanities or social sciences. Some coursework in religious studies is desirable.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Students who do not meet the GPA requirement may opt to take the GRE and normally will be expected to score a minimum of 158 on the verbal section (580 under the old scoring system before August 1, 2011) and a minimum of 300 (1,000 under the old scoring system) on the combined verbal and quantitative sections.
- There are additional university requirements for international applicants, including documentation of financial support and demonstration of proficiency in the English language if your primary language is not English.
- Applicants lacking the appropriate qualifications for the program may be admitted but will be required to rectify deficiencies with appropriate course work.
International16170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16170 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8040 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8040 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.