Small class sizes increase your chances of getting research published and participating in hands-on experiments.
We offer a master degree in Cell and Molecular Biology at Missouri State University. Our curriculum is intensive and features a human focus designed to allow you to learn about a variety of health careers. You may have opportunities to teach undergraduate students, helping others discover a passion for understanding human life and health.
Applicants will be evaluated for admission based upon their submitted materials. By the end of the first semester, candidates must be accepted into a research laboratory by a member of the Graduate Faculty who becomes the student's advisor.
- On comprehensive exams, exhibit an advanced knowledge base in genetics, cell and molecular biology, and anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrate advanced laboratory bench skills, lab notebook record keeping, and team work.
- When conducting research, be able to construct and test formulated hypotheses related to graduate research projects.
- Be able to critique and professionally present primary literature articles in the general biomedical sciences field, and exhibit clear and concise communication of scientific data.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Laboratory in the Life Sciences
- Introduction to the Biomedical Sciences
- Introduction to Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Human Genetics
- Human Genetics with Laboratory
- Biomolecular Interactions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Biochemistry Genetics View 536 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Two semesters of organic chemistry
- Two semesters of physics
- A course in calculus
- A bachelor's degree from a Missouri State University recognized accredited college or university and a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, overall, or for the last 60 hours
- an official transcript including all undergraduate work
- three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- a statement of research interest
International17248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17248 USD per year during 12 months.
National8576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8576 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8576 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.