The programs prepare students for leadership positions in schools, school districts, or state offices. In addition, students may prepare for Arkansas licensure as PK-12 principals, supervisors, or central office administrators. The programs include both classroom instruction and field experiences.
Graduate Degree Programs: Master of Education in Rural and Urban School Leadership
This fully online and accelerated program is 30 credit hours. Classes are structured in 8 week terms. It can be completed in as little as 12 months.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureProgram of StudyProgram co-requisite:
- SPED 4301 The Exceptional Learner (or equivalent)
- EDAS 7301 Instructional Leadership and Curriculum Assessment for School Improvement
- EDAS 7302 School Finance and Human Resource Allocation
- EDAS 7303 Educational Law and Ethics
- EDAS 7304 Instructional Supervision and Evaluation for Academic Excellence
- EDAS 7310 Data-Based Decision Making for School Improvement
- EDAS 7312 Introduction to Comparative Leadership in Rural and Urban Schools
- EDAS 7315 Leadership for Social Justice in Rural and Urban Schools
- EDAS 7320 Leadership Coaching
- EDAS 8313 Culturally Responsive School and Community Relations
- EDAS 7380 Administrative Internship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 145 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- A valid teaching license. (Arkansas or other state) or, if a candidate does not have a valid teaching license, he/she will provide written documentation by signing a statement that acknowledges his/her understanding that he/she is ineligible for state licensure for school administration without a valid teaching license.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale), or
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate courses, or
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
At least two years professional experience in K-12 settings. Candidates may accrue this experience while in the program. (Please note: Four years of experience is required to be eligible for administrative licensure.)
International725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.