Instruction is provided in working with students K-12 to help them benefit from their educational experiences; address educational, social, and personal problems; and prepare for careers and further education. The program is theory based and practice oriented.
The counselor education program also provides course work and training for individuals who already hold a master’s degree and wish to add certification as a school counselor and course work for individuals holding master’s degrees in related areas who need specific additional hours to qualify for their professional counseling license (LPC). School counselor certification requires an evaluation of transcripts by the program coordinator. Evaluation of transcripts by the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling is required to identify specific courses needed to qualify for the professional counseling license (LPC).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Human Development
- Technology and Instruction in Society
- Independent Study
- Human Sexuality
- Psychological Aspects of Disability*
- Intro to Family Counseling*
- Psychopharmacology in Counseling*
- Education Law and Ethics
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 645 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Eligibility for educator licensure. (Arkansas or other state)
- Interview and favorable recommendations from program faculty.
- Completed College of Education and Health Professions Biographical Data Form.
- Current résumé.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75, or
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate courses, or
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
International725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.