This program offers students the opportunity to acquire advanced language foundations in order to work with limited English proficient (LEP) speakers, and French, German, Spanish, and less commonly taught language students from pre-K to 16+ grade levels.
The MASL degree also provides well-qualified professionals to meet the need for second language professionals in the public schools. The degree, however, does not provide teacher licensure. The Arkansas Department of Higher Education has listed foreign languages as one of the critical shortage areas in the past several years. Additionally, foreign language graduates may pursue employment in two-year colleges across the country.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Methods of Teaching Second Languages
- Second Language Acquisition
- Teaching People of Other Cultures
- Second Language Assessment
- Teaching Listening and Speaking
- Teaching Reading and Writing
- Second Language Practicum
- Research in Second Languages
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 387 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) or a 3.0 on the last 60 hours
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from those familiar with the applicant’s academic experience or relevant work experience. These letters should be sent directly to the program coordinator.
- A writing sample from previous course work or professional writing samples approved by the program coordinator. The writing sample(s) should be sent directly to the program coordinator.
- A professional statement (300-500 words) in which you state your reasons, goals, and preparation with regard to our graduate program. The professional statement should be sent directly to the program coordinator.
International725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National725 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 725 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State320 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 320 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.