The Masters and Graduate Certificate programs teach a reliable system for establishing and maintaining awareness of one’s position in the environment (orientation) and fostering freedom and spontaneity of movement (mobility).
These Rehabilitation of the Blind programs from University of Arkansas at Little Rock educate future specialists on how to teach blind and low-vision persons to overcome the severe problems of mobility by teaching them to travel safely, efficiently, and confidently.
Why Choose a Career in Rehabilitation for the Blind and Orientation and Mobility?
- If you like to work one-on-one with individuals, if you are a self-starter and persevere in all that you do, if you are logical in your thinking, if you are able to go where the jobs are located, then a rehabilitation career in Orientation and Mobility might just be the career option for you! Rehab O&M Specialists are not typical teachers.
- They are part teacher, counselor, therapist and coach. They like to work outdoors as well as indoors and various weather conditions do not bother them. They are in good physical health and they can access transportation to take their clients to various travel environments for training purposes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sequential instruction in sensory and movement skills is based on a thorough evaluation of needs and abilities related to the functional use of the existing senses and requirements of a prosthetic travel aid.
- Instruction is provided in the use of adaptive equipment such as long canes, telescopes, and electronic travel and orientation aids.
- Specialists also teach consumers with dog guides relevant orientation skills to use with their dog guides.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 417 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Completed and submitted admission application materials to the UALR Graduate School.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- GPA: Overall undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- 500 word essay on why you are interested in the field of blindness.
International14648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14648 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14648 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State6524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6524 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.