It has been designed to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills in core theoretical, methodological, and empirical areas of Clinical Psychology.
You’ll develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed for progression to the Doctor of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsych) courses which you’ll need to undertake if you aspire to take on a leading role in Clinical Psychology in the NHS, private practice or other related fields.
The Applied Clinical Psychology programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) strengthens your academic credentials in preparation for a career in Clinical Psychology (for example through Assistant Psychologist posts within the NHS and further competitive doctoral training in Clinical Psychology). You’ll also strengthen your CV in preparation for other professions in the areas of Clinical Psychology, mental health, academia, or research.
In the year immediately after completing our course, past students have gone on to secure positions as Assistant Clinical Psychologists in a range of services (eg specialist learning disabilities teams within the NHS, forensic services, Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners and Psychology Healthcare Assistants in the NHS, Mental Wellbeing Practitioners in the private sector).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Psychology across the Lifespan
- Professional Issues & Practice in Clinical Psychology
- Clinical Research Design & Processes
- Research Methods & Statistics for Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Skills
- Advanced Clinical Psychology Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Clinical Psychology View 99 other Masters in School Counselling in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should hold a 2:1 Honours Degree in Psychology or equivalent Psychology qualification recognised by British Psychological Society as conferring Graduate Basis for Chartered members
- IELTS: 6.5 with no component lower than 6.0
- Two references: One academic and one work
- Desirable Criteria
- Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate their interest in, and commitment to, a career in clinical psychology or a closely related field. In discussing this, you should communicate your suitability for this course, and what you are hoping to gain in the long-term from undertaking this MSc course.
- As a team we value our students, not just in terms of academic ability, but in terms of your personal qualities. Please tell us which one of your personal qualities you believe would make you suited to work as a Clinical Psychologist, and why.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.