The goal of the Bilingual Education degree is to educate K-12 students in all the academic subjects while they are learning English as a second or additional language (ESL).
Fairfield University's programs benefit from being located near K-12 schools in our partner districts (Bridgeport, Danbury, Greenwich, Norwalk, Stamford, and Stratford) with long-established TESOL and Bilingual Education programs.
A nationally recognized program is one that has systematically assessed candidates' learning and meet rigorous standards developed by the speciality professional association (SPA) in that discipline. SPA recognition informs prospective students that the accredited college or university and nationally recognized program have met national standards for the professional and operate at a high level of educational quality and integrity.
- Special Learners in the Bilingual/ESL Classroom
- Linguistics for Language Teachers
- Teaching Grammar in Second Language Settings
- Foundations of Bilingualism and Bilingual Education
- Methods and Materials Development
- Teaching and Learning within Multicultural Contexts of Education
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis; however, they need to be submitted at least two weeks before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Languages View 791 other Masters in Languages in United States
- When you are ready to apply, you can create an online application. Please plan to spend about 10 - 15 minutes completing the application. You can create the application and return to the platform in the future to submit it if you require additional time.
- You should be prepared to answer a series of questions pertaining to your biographical information, program of interest, and educational/ work background. Additionally, you will be required to enter the names and contact information for two references.
- As part of the application process, you will be required to submit all official college transcripts (sent directly from your institutions), two recommendations (submitted directly from your references who will receive a unique email link), a personal statement, resume, and test scores (required for programs leading to state certification).
- For all bilingual education programs, applicants need a minimum GPA of 2.67 or higher.
International18370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 USD per credit during 18 months.
National18370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.