Individual, group, and family therapy, as well as medication management are important components of the curriculum. Graduates of the Nursing, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner program from Fairfield University work in a wide variety of settings, including private practice, home care, emergency rooms, integrated behavioral clinics, extended care facilities, residential treatment centers, and community mental health centers.
Career & Professional Opportunities
- In Fairfield's Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program, you'll develop skills to provide care for adults from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic groups in a wide variety of settings: in-patient, community-based, and private practice.
- You'll learn to care for patients with a variety of mental disorders, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and thought disorders.
- You'll also have the opportunity to develop expertise in caring for special populations, such as substance abuse, elderly, or forensic mental health.
- As a graduate, you'll be prepared to work as clinical faculty in undergraduate nursing programs. After one year of practice, you'll be prepared to serve as a preceptor for graduate students in psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Nursing Roles for Systems Leadership and Improvement
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Healthcare Policy
- Information Technology for Healthcare Improvement
- Research Methods for Evidence-Based Practice
- Mental Health Nursing of Children & Adolescents
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications are considered on a rolling basis for classes until July 1.
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Nursing View 724 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A Completed application
- A Non-refundable $60 application fee made payable to Fairfield University (paid by credit card if applying online).
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history.
- An Admission Essay.
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be from a current supervisor or professor.
- Copy of current RN License to practice in the state of Connecticut.
International17500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 36 months.
National17500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 875 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.