The MA in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from Fairfield University is designed to educate students to apply psychological principles and techniques in the work environment that increase individual and organizational productivity.
For candidates in this program, Fairfield's Northeast location in a region with many nonprofit and for-profit corporate organizations provides a wide range of opportunities for fieldwork, such as employee recruitment and selection, performance management/appraisal, training and development, motivations and job satisfaction, organization development, job analysis, and research and program evaluation.
Career & Professional Opportunities
Graduates of Fairfield's I/O Psychology programs are much in demand, finding advantageous fieldwork placements and meaningful employment with some of the country's top organizations:
- Bayer Corporation
- Cendant Mobility
- Cendant International
- Jones Retail Corporation
- MasterCard Worldwide
- Merrill Lynch
- Oxford Health Plans
- Pepperidge Farm
- Sara Lee Corporation
- Shell Oil Company
- The College Board
- Toyota Financial
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Surgical
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Behavioral Statistics
- Psychology of Personality
- Consulting Theory and Practice
- Performance Coaching
- Research in Psychology
- Program Evaluation
- Fundamentals of Survey Design
- Organizational Development
- Effective Interviewing
- Designing Development and Training Programs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 1095 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A Non-refundable $60 Application Fee
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history. (Submit Online)
- A Personal Statement of self-evaluation of work experience and career objectives. (Submit Online)
- Official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters from a current employer, supervisor or professor. The Recommendations are completed online. At the time of application you will need to provide your two Recommender's names and e-mail addresses.
- Interviews. Applicants may be required to participate in an interview as part of the admission process. If required, candidates will be contacted by the program director to schedule an appointment.
International25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
per credit hour
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.