The Master of Arts in (Design) Department of Graphic Design at University of Johannesburg is earned by completing a single advanced research project, culminating in the production and acceptance of a dissertation.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements as outlined above, prospective students may be required to present a portfolio of their work to an interview panel.
- Apply specialist knowledge of design.
- Demonstrate a command of design and research methods and procedures to address complex problems
- Access, process and manage information effectively.
- Produce information for, and communicate it to, a range of audiences.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Dissertation: Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 21 other Masters in Visual Arts in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A relevant Bachelor Honours Degree a “professional” Bachelor’s Degree, or relevant Postgraduate Diploma, with sufficient preparation to conduct research with a recommended minimum of 60% for all final-year modules.
- A relevant Baccalaureus Technologiae: Fashion degree, with an average mark of at least 65% combined with a research methodology short learning component as recommended by a Status Committee and approved by the Faculty Board.
International851 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 851 EUR per year during 12 months.
R14,634 – R171,158
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.