This Masters Social Work course offered by Liverpool John Moores University programme will give you the skills, confidence and ability to: work with people in a caring and professional manner, assess situations for change, write concise and coherent reports and make convincing spoken and written presentations of ideas. You will summarise and present data, work individually and as part of a team and produce solutions to problems.
The course is geared to training and supporting knowledgeable and skilled practitioners, who are aware of the importance of service users, and to giving them a genuine voice and choice in the services available to them. Underpinning all aspects of the training is a commitment to ethical and anti-oppressive values.
Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
Social work is an exciting, intellectually stimulating and emotionally challenging career, enabling you to make a positive difference in the community.
This course enables individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds to work as fully qualified social workers, in a range of settings, catering for all service users.
- Contemporary Social Work Practice
- Social Work Knowledge and Skills
- Law and Social Policy for Practice
- Poverty, Inequality and Social Justice
- Research Methods
- Social Work Specialist Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 539 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
- a minimum 2:1 undergraduate honours degree (applicants with a 2:2 will be considered on a case by case basis)
- relevant paid or voluntary work experience and the ability to relate this to the skills and values of social work and understanding of social work roles. Related personal experience will also be considered alongside relevant practice-based experience
- English key skills/GCSE Grade C/4. We will also consider the following Level 2 qualifications in place of English Language GCSE Grade C/4 or above: Key Skills, City and Guilds, OCR (via Learn Direct) and ALAN
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4052 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4052 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.