With Speech-Language Pathology from Buffalo State SUNY students learn to work to prevent, diagnose, evaluate, and treat communication disorders in people of all ages—from infants to older adults—and are qualified to teach students who have speech, language, hearing, and swallowing impairments. Graduates with a bachelor of science in speech-language pathology are prepared to earn the master's degree necessary to practice speech-language pathology in all professional settings.
Our graduates are prepared for rewarding careers as speech-language pathologists through our nationally recognized program that provides direct experience with clients in both clinical and school settings.
- Diagnostic Principles and Procedures
- Extended Applications in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Language Disorders: Birth to Age 5
- Research Methods in Speech-Language Pathology
- Contemporary Issues in Clinical Interactions: Families and Culture
- Fluency Disorders and Cleft Palate
- Dysphagia Across the Life Span
- Neuromotor Speech Disorders Across the Life Span
- Disorders of Voice
- Evaluation and Treatment of Phonological Disorders
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 233 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- A minimum of 25 credit hours of undergraduate coursework in speech-language pathology that includes courses related to the normal development of speech, language, and hearing processes; courses related to disordered speech, language, and hearing; and courses related to the speech and hearing sciences.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- A writing sample.
- Submit Online Application
- Submit Application Fee
- Send Official Transcripts
- A copy of the applicant's passport bio page. Passport must be current and not expired.
- Financial Statement (FSA-4) (.pdf)
- English language proficiency.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.