These programs are designed to provide training experiences leading to the development of those competencies specifically related to working with persons with disabilities in a variety of public school and community settings as a teacher or teacher consultant.
- These graduate programs at the Central Michigan University lead to a Master of Arts degree in Special Education.
- The degree is based upon satisfactory completion of a minimum of 33 semester hours of graduate work and satisfactory demonstration of the competencies identified within the stated objectives and activities of the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Current Issues and Historical Trends in Special Education
- Behavioral and Curricular Interventions for Individuals with Mild Disabilities
- Research for Special Education
- Consultation and Collaboration in Special Education
- Assessment and Program Improvement in Special Education
- Special Education Graduate Capstone
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Application Deadline: At least 6 weeks before desired enrollment; 6-12 weeks for International students.
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 726 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Prior to admission to a master's degree program, the candidate must have a bachelor's degree and a valid Michigan Elementary or Secondary Provisional, Permanent, or Life certificate or special education endorsement.
- Conditional Admission to the Master of Arts degree program in Special Education requires an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
- After each applicant with Conditional Admission has completed 12 semester hours of graduate study on the program at Central Michigan University with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, he or she may petition for reclassification for Regular Admission.
International28050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State21021 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 637 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Mount Pleasant
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.