At Intercultural Communication in the Creative Industries from University of Roehampton you will reach beyond the traditional roles of translation and localisation by studying how these disciplines are applied in the creative industries, paying particular attention to the practical application of these skills in a professional environment.
This courses provides vocational training for those interested in working in global multimedia, and the cultural and creative industries. However, it will also provide you with a working knowledge of translation, a skill highly-valued by employers in a variety of industries.
- Translation Project
- Accessible Filmmaking: Theory and Practice
- The Localisation of Video Games
- Subtitling: Concepts and Practice
- Screen Cultures of London
- Social Media and Data Journalism
- Global Media and Communications
- Dimensions of Editing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- National students deadlines - 28 September
- If you are an international student, you should apply as soon as possible.
- MA: 180 credits
- PGDip: 120 credits
- PGCert: 60 credits
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Language Studies Media Studies & Mass Media View 374 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- You should usually hold a second-class honours degree (certain programmes may require a 2:1) from a recognised British or overseas university.
- Language requirements
- International Baccalaureate
- European Baccalaureate English
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.