The Master of Public Health Nutrition from Loma Linda Unniversity provides specialized training in community nutrition within the multidisciplinary programs offered by the School of Public Health. The program is designed to train professionals to assume leadership positions in assessing community nutrition needs, as well asin planning, directing, and evaluating the nutrition component of health promotion and disease prevention efforts. Many specialization opportunities also exist within Public Health Nutrition. For individuals interested in research, s combined program in nutritional epidemiology prepares graduates to design, implement, and evaluate population and intervention studies dealing with the relation of nutrition to health, aging and chronic diseases. Students interested in working in cross-cultural or international settings may combine studies with courses in global health. Classes can also be combined to create expertise in physical fitness, which prepares students to work in varied settings such as wellness centers or with athletic teams. This combination will also prepare the student to sit for the certification examination of the American College of Sports Medicine.
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of the MPH in Nutrition, you will be able to:
- Integrate their knowledge of biological mechanisms underlying the effect of food and nutrients on health to the solution of public health problems.
- Function independently and collaboratively as leader or member of a team to plan, manage, and evaluate community-based nutrition promotion activities.
- Critically analyze studies and apply findings to nutrition interventions.
- Scrutinize public policies and processes related to food and nutrition and explore their impact on health outcomes.
- Articulate the role of vegetarian dietary practices on human health, the environment, and ecology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Public Health and Health Systems
- Nutritional Metabolism
- Advanced Public Health Nutrition
- Advanced Nutrition I: Carbohydrates and Lipids
- Advanced Nutrition II: Proteins, Vitamins, and Minerals
- Nutrition Policy, Programs, and Services
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 323 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of High School Completion
- Post-Secondary Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- How to Send Required Documents
International34905 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34905 USD per year during 24 months.
National34905 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34905 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.