The Master of Public Health in Nutrition from Loma Linda Unniversity provides specialized training in community nutrition within the multidisciplinary programs offered by the School of Public Health. The program is designed to train professionals to assume leadership positions in assessing community nutrition needs, as well asin planning, directing, and evaluating the nutrition component of health promotion and disease prevention efforts. Many specialization opportunities also exist within Public Health Nutrition. For individuals interested in research, s combined program in nutritional epidemiology prepares graduates to design, implement, and evaluate population and intervention studies dealing with the relation of nutrition to health, aging and chronic diseases. Students interested in working in cross-cultural or international settings may combine studies with courses in global health. Classes can also be combined to create expertise in physical fitness, which prepares students to work in varied settings such as wellness centers or with athletic teams. This combination will also prepare the student to sit for the certification examination of the American College of Sports Medicine.
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of the MPH in Nutrition, you will be able to:
- Integrate their knowledge of biological mechanisms underlying the effect of food and nutrients on health to the solution of public health problems.
- Function independently and collaboratively as leader or member of a team to plan, manage, and evaluate community-based nutrition promotion activities.
- Critically analyze studies and apply findings to nutrition interventions.
- Scrutinize public policies and processes related to food and nutrition and explore their impact on health outcomes.
- Articulate the role of vegetarian dietary practices on human health, the environment, and ecology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Public Health and Health Systems
- Nutritional Metabolism
- Advanced Public Health Nutrition
- Advanced Nutrition I: Carbohydrates and Lipids
- Advanced Nutrition II: Proteins, Vitamins, and Minerals
- Nutrition Policy, Programs, and Services
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 227 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Three letters of recommendation – At least one should be from a professor who knows your academic work. Please do not ask a relative or friend. Recommendation forms can be prepared online.
- Personal statement – Follow the instructions on SOPHAS.
- Official academic records/transcripts – Please request these from all post-secondary schools you have attended, to be submitted directly to SOPHAS.
- Request GRE or equivalent - scores to be directly submitted to SOPHAS
International41309 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41309 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National41309 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41309 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.