The Human Resource Management MA programme at Liverpool John Moores University provides you with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Advanced Standards. On graduation student members upgrade to Chartered Member, evidencing experience, behaviours and academic achievement.
The MA offers specialist modules in Resourcing and Talent Management, Managing Performance, Employment Relations and Organisational Development which are supported by core modules in Strategy, Leadership and Business Context. Research methods underpin the Dissertation stage which involves a detailed personal piece of work supported by tutors and peers through dissertation workshops.
Successful completion of the MA Human Resource Management gives you the knowledge requirements from which, with appropriate experience, you will be able to apply for Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
The emphasis throughout the programme is on analysis and evaluation of different organisational approaches and academic perspectives, enabling you to operate professionally across a range of organisation contexts.
- Developing Academic Business and Leadership Competencies
- HR Context
- Strategic HR and Leadership
- Managing Employment Relations
- Managing Human Resourcing Strategy
- Development and Performance Strategies
- Research Methods
- Engagement in a Global Digital Age
- Dissertation and Impact Report
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Human Resource Management View 1587 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
- experience in the field of HR, Training, Development or related area OR aspirations to work in this area
- Additional qualifications will be considered e.g. Level 5 CIPD Intermediate standards
- Pearson 50-57
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- You will not be interviewed
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Contact International Admissions Team for more details
- International students entering on a Student visa cannot study part-time
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.