The Master of Public Health Nutrition (Coordinated Program in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics) from Loma Linda University enables students to meet the didactic and supervised practice requirements for registration eligibility in dietetics. If you are interested in becoming a Registered Dietitian (RD) and already have a bachelor's degree, this program will make it possible for you to do so while completing a graduate drgree in public health nutrition. MPH students can become eligible to write the registration examination and become RDs by completing coursework and practicums. The purpose of registration is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public by encouraging high standards of performance by persons practicing in nutrition and dietetics.Students in the M.P.H. or Dr.P.H. degree curricula may establish eligibility to write the registration examination to become a registered dietitian
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of the MPH in Nutrition with coordinated program in dietetics, you will be able to:
- Integrate their knowledge of biological mechanisms underlying the effect of food and nutrients on health to the solution of public health problems.
- Function independently and collaboratively as leader or member of a team to plan, manage, and evaluate community-based nutrition promotion activities.
- Critically analyze studies and apply findings to nutrition interventions.
- Scrutinize public policies and processes related to food and nutrition and explore their impact on health outcomes.
- Articulate the role of vegetarian dietary practices on human health, the environment, and ecology.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in the nutritional care process consistent with competencies defined by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
- Apply systems management and use of resources to the provision of nutritional services.
The School of Public Health's Graduate Coordinated Program in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the American Dietetic Association. The program is also accredited by the Accrediation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Systems Management Affiliation
- Clinical Nutrition Affiliation
- Topics in Foods and Food Preparation
- Nutrition Counseling and Education
- Nutrition Education Practicum
- Special Topics in Clinical Nutrition
- Public Health for Community Resilience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 889 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of High School Completion
- Post-Secondary Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- How to Send Required Documents
International37008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37008 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National37008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37008 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.