The Master of Public Health in Nutrition and Dietetics from Loma Linda University enables students to meet the didactic and supervised practice requirements for registration eligibility in dietetics. If you are interested in becoming a Registered Dietitian (RD) and already have a bachelor's degree, this program will make it possible for you to do so while completing a graduate drgree in public health nutrition. MPH students can become eligible to write the registration examination and become RDs by completing coursework and practicums. The purpose of registration is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public by encouraging high standards of performance by persons practicing in nutrition and dietetics.Students in the M.P.H. or Dr.P.H. degree curricula may establish eligibility to write the registration examination to become a registered dietitian
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of the MPH in Nutrition with coordinated program in dietetics, you will be able to:
- Integrate their knowledge of biological mechanisms underlying the effect of food and nutrients on health to the solution of public health problems.
- Function independently and collaboratively as leader or member of a team to plan, manage, and evaluate community-based nutrition promotion activities.
- Critically analyze studies and apply findings to nutrition interventions.
- Scrutinize public policies and processes related to food and nutrition and explore their impact on health outcomes.
- Articulate the role of vegetarian dietary practices on human health, the environment, and ecology.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in the nutritional care process consistent with competencies defined by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
- Apply systems management and use of resources to the provision of nutritional services.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Food Systems Management Affiliation
- Clinical Nutrition Affiliation
- Topics in Foods and Food Preparation
- Nutrition Counseling and Education
- Nutrition Education Practicum
- Special Topics in Clinical Nutrition
- Public Health for Community Resilience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 794 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Admission is based on a selective process. To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must:
- have a 3.0 G.P.A. or above
- complete an interview (by phone or in person)
- complete an online application
- provide 3 recommendation letters
- complete program prerequisites
International41456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41456 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National41456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41456 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.