Global Crime, Justice and Security course at Liverpool John Moores University is recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
All of your teaching on this course will be delivered by an academic team with internationally recognised research profiles and extensive practice-based experience. The course is designed to develop your advanced scholarship and research skills enabling you to progress, academically and intellectually, in a discreet area of international law.
You will be provided with a core knowledge base in areas such as human rights, international criminal law, the use of force, global crime, justice and security and the United Nations collective security system.
Typically students who study on the LLM/MSc will be progressing from their first degree or practicing in a field of law, or in law-related employment. The LLM/MSc has been designed specifically to enhance your career prospects, particularly if you are professionally engaged in security, shipping, corporate or civil law.
If you are interested in a career in academia or enhancing your knowledge in a discreet field of law, you may also find positions in education and research, even perhaps continuing your studies to PhD level.
Programme StructureCore Modules:
- Contemporary Issues in Global Crime, Justice and Security
- Pg Dissertation(Socio-Legal)
- International Criminal Law
- Conflict and Warfare in International Law
- Global Crime and Security
- The United Nations, International Security and Global Justice
- EU Foreign Security and Justice Policy
- Gendered Perspectives on International Law
- Statehood, People and Statelessness
- Democracy, Rule of Law and Human Rights
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 481 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
- an equivalent professional qualification
- equivalent and suitable previous work experience
- Pearson 50-57
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Contact International Admissions Team for more details
- International students entering on a Student visa cannot study part-time
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.