In a unique cooperation, Freie Universität Berlin and Technische Universität Berlin have jointly offered the programme since 1998. The curriculum is geared towards students interested in developing EU-related expertise for subsequent employment in public administration, non-governmental organisations or business. On-the-job experience and networking are integral elements of the programme.
The Postgraduate Master of European Studies in Berlin offers you:
- A one year full-time postgradual Master programme, academic degree: Master of European Studies (M.E.S)
- Practice-oriented education via internships, excursions and teaching staff
- An international and interdisciplinary approach: our teaching is comprised of legal, economic, political, and cultural sciences, and an international and motivated student and faculty body
- Berlin as an ideal and strategic location to study European Integration: as Germany´s capital and connecting point between Eastern, Western and Central Europe, it is one of the main stages for political and cultural activity, and seat of many national and international organisations and institutions
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Institutional foundations of European Integration
- The EU as a Legal Community
- The EU as a political community
- The EU as an Economic Community
- Selected Issues of European Integration
- Interdisciplinary Skills
- Practical application
- Master thesis and oral defense
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
Application period: January to March
DisciplinesEuropean Studies Political Science View 44 other Masters in Political Science in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Above-average university degree (BA)
- Very good command of English (C1)
- Work experience after completion of first academic qualification (including internships)
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Fees: 2500,- €/ semester (part-time), excl. registration fees (approx. 300€/semester)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.