The purpose of this Criminal Justice course of graduate study in criminal justice at Loma Linda University is to prepare students to think critically, analytically, and creatively about the problems of crime and social control in the contemporary world. The program is designed to meet the diverse needs of criminal justice professionals and will accomplish a number of objectives:
- To prepare students for careers in law enforcement, corrections, criminal justice administration and planning.
- Provide students with a thorough knowledge of social science theory and in applying criminological theory and research to current problems in criminal justice.
- To provide students with thorough knowledge of current issues in criminal justice and the importance of the relationship of criminal justice to other disciplines and professions such as social work, psychology, medicine, dentistry, nursing, and public health.
- To prepare students in the application of various computer technologies to decision-making in the criminal justice system.
- To prepare students to conduct social research on crime and the effect of policies and programs on crime outcomes.
- Crime and Society
- Criminal Procedure and Rules of Evidence
- Restorative Justice
- Criminological Theory
- Legal and Ethical Aspects in Health and Mental Health Services
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies Criminal Justice View 276 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of High School Completion
- Post-Secondary Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- How to Send Required Documents
International18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18590 USD per year during 24 months.
National18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18590 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.