Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice MA at Liverpool John Moores University programme is underpinned by a sound theoretical base in the Person-Centred Approach and integrates other approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Emotion Focused Therapy as well as studying the theory of other models not practiced on the course.Taught by working BACP registered Therapists and Supervisors, you will learn to work with issues such as loss, bereavement, anxiety, trauma, stress, mental health issues, depression and sexual abuse.
Integral to the course are considerations of power and prejudice, including those pertaining to class, disability, ethnicity, gender and sexuality.
Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
The course will create very employable graduates with many going on to work in the NHS, private and voluntary sectors. As a graduate you may move to higher management levels or developmental initiatives within your existing role, demonstrating an increased level of autonomy and responsibility.
Psychotherapists and Counsellors are much sought after in various areas of business and many course graduates will go on to work as qualified Psychotherapists, Practitioner Researchers, IAPT Wellbeing Practitioners, Support Workers and Mental Health Workers.
- Client Centred Theory
- Counselling Competency
- Personal Development: Self and Society
- Ethical Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Theory of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Developing Expertise
- Personal Development: Self in Relationship
- Ethical Research in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Independent Research & Dissertation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 840 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- an honours degree in health and social care, nursing, psychology or a related discipline
- a counselling skills level 2 award or basic counselling skills gained through relevant work or experience
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- Pearson 58-64 (Min. 51 in each component for UKVI Purposes)
- International students entering on a Student visa cannot study part-time
International2700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45 GBP per credit during 36 months.
National2700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45 GBP per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.