Adult Education from Buffalo State SUNY teaches students to work in community engagement projects; to conduct literacy, personal development, and workforce-preparation programs; to prepare adult educators for work in grassroots movements and social justice efforts; and for careers in organizational training and development/human resource development.
The master of science in adult education program prepares professionals for careers in adult education and human resource development. Community agencies employ adult educators to conduct literacy, personal development, and workforce-preparation programs. Similarly, businesses employ human resource development professionals to train new workers and retrain experienced workers. Graduates of the program are also well prepared for doctoral programs in adult education. This program does not lead to teaching certification.
- Adult Education
- Adulthood and Development
- Historical, Social, and Philosophical Foundations of Adult Education
- Instructional Design
- Methods of Adult Education
- Diversity in Adult Education and Training
- Methods of Educational Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 55 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale), or a master’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- Applicants may be asked to participate in a phone or online interview at the discretion of the adult education coordinator.
- A letter describing the applicant’s interest in the field and experience with teaching or administering adult programs.
- Submit Online Application
- Submit Application Fee
- Send Official Transcripts
- A copy of the applicant's passport bio page. Passport must be current and not expired.
- Financial Statement (FSA-4) (.pdf)
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must submit a score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Duolingo English Test as documentation of English language proficiency.
International16950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 565 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 565 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.