Robotics, Control and Smart Systems from The American University in Cairo provides interdisciplinary academic and educational excellence in advanced sciences and technologies with unique educational, learning and research environment that advances scientific understanding enabling students to develop innovative and intelligent ideas for autonomous and smart products and systems to meet today’s most pressing challenges and prepare them for careers in industry, academia and research.
Students at Robotics, Control and Smart Systems from The American University in Cairo will:
Have broad knowledge in both the theoretical and the practical skills of RCSS interdisciplinary field
Integrate fundamental and advanced knowledge to solve complex interdisciplinary problems in RCSS field
Undertake interdisciplinary research, find new knowledge, analyze and document results, apply and communicate the results reflecting knowledge depth of the research in RCSS field
Work independently as well as collaboratively within interdisciplinary teams and be prepared to be team leaders
Demonstrate competitive professional advancement, pursue higher graduate degrees and engage in advanced academic and research in areas of their interest within the industry, research centers, and academia both in the local and global environment
- Robotics: Kinematics, Dynamics and Control
- Embedded Real Time Systems
- Modern Control Design
- Applied Estimation
- Intelligent and Autonomous Robotic Systems
- Mechatronics Innovations and Experimental Robotics
- Bioinspired Robotics and Multi Robotic Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology Robotics
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 in the major area is required as a basic requirement or admission into the RCSS master’s program.
International24255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19701 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.